- Easy to find, install and use quality open source software that rivals paid alternatives
- Configure the system, and all accessible features, with a intuitive interface
Never break, or fail but worst case, recover in seconds, without data lost
It should be easy for everyone to find, install and use quality open source software that rivals paid alternatives.
It should be possible to inspect and modify any software that runs on your computer.
- Use the latest available packages
- Time travel for installed applications and packages (roll-back, roll-forward)
- Built-in (native!) software to spawn virtual environments, or switch between profiles in real-time
- Don't use complicated init systems, or daemons without clear documentation and source code
- Make it easy to maintain a transparent, clean and reproducible system
- Easy to reconfigure the entire system, based on a single configuration