- Easy to find, install and use quality open source software that rivals paid alternatives
- Configure the system, and all accessible features, with a intuitive interface
Never break, or fail but worst case, recover in seconds, without data lost
- It should be easy for everyone to find, install and use quality open source software that rivals paid alternatives.
- It should be possible to inspect and modify any software that runs on your computer.
- Use the latest available packages
- Time travel for installed applications and packages (roll-back, roll-forward)
- Built-in (native!) software to spawn virtual environments, or switch between profiles in real-time
- Don’t use complicated init systems, or daemons without clear documentation and source code
- Make it easy to maintain a transparent, clean and reproducible system
- Easy to reconfigure the entire system, based on a single configuration